Monday, November 12, 2007

Literary Analysis(Chapter 11)

A. The army is getting weaker, but the war still progresses. Paul begins to forget his life as a civilian. He tells of how horrible war is. He no longer counts the weeks. The Germans are seriusly losing now. Then Kat dies, pauls best friend is gone forever.

B. Recently Kat has died, i feel lost. I feel i can no longer survive, odds are i wont. The German military is declining, it is only a matter of when. I am the last one in my class, i feel like even I wont make it out alive, from this hellish war. I have forgotten who I am, I am lost.

C. Vocab.

1. Banal(Remarque, 272)-devoid of freshness or originality
2. Bushmen(Remarque, 274)-The nomadic hunting and gathering peoples of the Kalahari Desert

D. Political Cartoon
Analysis
In this cartoon it shows how unprepared the U.S was for WWII. It shows a ship saying "disunited states", saying even the states were hardly together. It also has several U.S attitudes such as Isolationism, etc. Showing the bad policies of the U.S.

E. I learned how bad it is to lose your best friend, and be fighting for a lost cause, It makes you feel lost, and you may forget yourself.

No comments: