Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Writing Extension

Dear Family,

I Promised you I would write to you. I am not on the front currently, I am in the reserves. I will be heading to the front shortly. Do not worry about my safety, it is not as bad as they say it is. We are well fed, and recently restocked on supplies. Tomorrow we are off to the front, but I am ready. I hope that in a few months that i can return on leave, but I doubt it. Goodbye, I hope you all fare well, and Mother, get well.

From Paul

Lyrics
I've got a friend, he's a pure-bred killing machine,He said he's waited his whole damn life for this,I knew him well when he was seventeen,Now he's a man who'll be dead by Christmas.

And, so...Everybody's going to war,But we don't know what we're fighting for,Don't tell me it's a worthy cause,No cause could be so worthy.

If love is a drug, I guess we're all sober,If hope is a song I guess it's all over,How to have faith, when faith is a crime?I don't want to die...If God's on our side, then God is a joker,Asleep on the job, his children fall over,Running out through the door and straight to the sky,I don't want to die...

For every man who wants to rule the world,There'll be a man who just wants to be free,What do we learn but what should not be learnt?Too late to find a cure for this disease.

so...Everybody's going to war,But we don't know what we're fighting for,Don't tell me it's a worthy cause,No cause could be so worthy.

If love is a drug, I guess we're all sober,If hope is a song, I guess it's all over,How to have faith, when faith is a crime?I don't want to die...If God's on our side, then God is a joker,Asleep on the job, his children fall over,Running out through the door, and straight to the sky,I don't want to die...I-I-I-I I-I-I-I don't want to die,I-I don't want to die...

I've got a friend, he's a pure-bred killing machine,I think he might be dead by Christmas...

No comments: